- 1 box of cavatappi pasta
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Crushed red pepper, to taste (we use about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook entire box of pasta according to cooking directions. Four minutes before it’s done, add broccoli. Cover with lid for remaining time.
Drain water from pasta and broccoli and return to pot. Add lemon zest and stir.
In a pan, melt the butter. Once melted add the garlic and red pepper. Stir for one minute and then add the lemon juice.
Remove pan from heat and add the lemon butter mixture to the pasta and stir. Add Parmesan to pot as well and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately. Garnish with more Parmesan and/or red pepper and enjoy!
Original source: The Food Charlatan