- 1 lb of sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups packed, chopped kale
- 2 cans white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Once warmed, add sausage. Cook all the way through, separating meat as you cook. Browning should take 5-6 minutes.
- Once meat is cooked, add onion and garlic to the pot. Cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and Italian seasoning and turn the temperature down to medium-low. Add the kale and beans and cover. Stirring occasionally, cook until kale is tender, about ten minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once cooked, serve immediately and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.
Original Source: Campbells